Schlage L9440 - Heavy Duty Mortise Lockset - Privacy
** check for availability and lead time on Finish and Handle Types
Schlage L9440 - Heavy Duty Mortise Lockset - Privacy With Deadbolt
The safety of your buildings is something Schlage takes very seriously. That's why every Schlage lock and deadbolt undergoes intensive testing to determine its ANSI grade level, including cycle, resistance, door impact, warped door and bolt strength tests. Every one of Schlage's L-Series locks meets ANSI Grade 1 standards for safety. The Schlage L9000 Series extra heavy-duty mortise locks are ideal for use in educational, healthcare, government buildings, and commercial buildings -- facilities requiring extended product life cycles where the finest hardware must also deliver consistent, dependable operation and stand up to constant use and abuse.
- Schlage Mortise Lever Locksets, Grade 1, Heavy Duty
- Location type: Commercial
- ANSI/BHMA A156.13-2005, Series 1000 certified. ADA compliant
- Backset: 2-3/4"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4"
- Front Size Dimension: 8 x 1-3/4 x 7/16"
- ANSI Curved Lip Strike: 1-1/4 x 4-7/8 x 1-3/16"
- Case Size: 4 7/16 x 6 1/16 x 1
- Case Material: Zinc Chromate Heavy Gauge Cold Rolled Steel
- Latchbolt retracted by lever from either side unless outside is locked by inside turnpiece.
- Turning inside lever or closing door unlocks outside.
- To unlock from outside, remove emergency button, insert emergency turn (furnished) in access hole and rotate
Privacy With Deadbolt Latchbolt retracted by knob/lever from either side. Deadbolt thrown or retracted by inside thumbturn.
Throwing deadbolt locks outside knob/lever. Rotating inside knob/ lever simultaneously retracts deadbolt and latchbolt, and unlocks outside knob/lever.
To unlock from outside, remove emergency button, insert emergency thumbturn in access hole and rotate. Inside knob/lever is always free for immediate egress
Adaptable To Your Application:
- Universal lock case – ten functions in one case
- Floating mounting tabs automatically adjust to fit a beveled door edge
- Field-reversible handing without opening lock case
- External spring cages allow for simple trim retrofit
- Locking thumbturn on the inside of door visually shows when the door is locked and unlocked
- Lever rotation in both directions (up and down) for ease of use
- Independent lever rotation